Thursday, December 31, 2009

Running out of oughts

We've made it to the end of another year; time to fill the air with showers of confetti and sparks. The blue moon is already up there, quietly taking care of itself.

Blue New



It's amazing to think that's it's going to be 2010 tomorrow. When I was a kid, the idea of a year with a 2 at the beginning of it seemed impossibly far away, some kind of fantastic science-fictional future. Now that we've had ten of them, the future has become the present, and an awful lot of it is disappointingly ordinary. But then I have to remind myself that I can type things that appear on a magical glowing screen, and push a button, and then people on the other side of the world can see them more or less instantly. And if I want to, I can carry around a thing smaller than my hand, that lets me access the world's largest and most random reference library. That's pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Gissel Escudero said...

Totally agree with you here.

Happy New Year!!

Gissel

Karla Z. said...

Badass pallette! Luvvit. Muted fall colors with some warm blue. <3
And a pleasing new year to you.

Mr.Velocipede said...

@Gissel
Happy New Year!

@Karla
Thanks! I also like how the blue turned out.