Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hooray for Captain Spaulding

Just when I think I'm completely jaded and done with fractals, things come along and give me another nudge. I was looking at the ever-reliable Fractal Complaints Department, and although there's never actually anything new there, it did remind me that it's been a while since I made any brightly-colored, excessively-layered spirals. So tonight I spent a little time exploring.

Into the Jungle



While wandering through these shadowy (though remarkably well-charted) regions, I found myself surrounded on all sides by the usual sorts of creatures: things with spines and scales and multicolored warts and, of course, lots of spirals.

Pathological Monsters



These two are both Mandelbrot zooms, with similar locations and many of the same coloring algorithms applied. I have a few others saved; maybe at some point I'll post more and call it a series.

4 comments:

runnerfrog said...

You are posting outstanding artwork here!
Funny reference to the movie.
Wanted to link your blog. I have to be back here.

Mr.Velocipede said...

Hey, thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

runnerfrog said...

I enjoy the blog also because of the humour you have.

Anonymous said...

you are so thought provolking...thank you for uplifting my day